Fitness Equipment - Treadmill Buyers Guide NZ
Elite Fitness has been helping customers buy treadmills for many years so we have sourced a great visual guide to help you with purchasing your first New Zealand treadmill for your own home use. We have in-store treadmills or online treadmills to meet your budget requirements whether they are for the new Fitness Equipment to serious fitness treadmill buyers.
We've covered F.A.Q. about our Elite Fitness treadmills for sale found further below the page.
What features to consider when buying in a treadmill from Elite Fitness:
||Treadmill Motors: The most valuable part to look for when buying a treadmill online or in-store is the motor. Motor sizes on treadmills can vary from 1.75 CHP (Continuous Horse Power) to 3.5 CHP. With a stronger quality motor, comes a smoother, more greater workout. If you are going to invest in a treadmill get the best quality motor for your treadmill that you can afford.
||Deck Size: The next important component to look at when purchasing an Elite Treadmill is the deck size. A larger deck allows for a fluid, safe, & more comfortable run on your treadmill. Deck sizes can range from 40cm x 120cm to 51cm x 152cm. Having a bigger deck size also allows for a better experience on your treadmill for many users.
||Incline: An important component on your treadmill to consider is Incline motor. Most treadmills come with Power Incline, which allows the running deck to rise from 0% - 10% with some treadmills going as high as 40%. While walking on an incline on a treadmill can potentially burn up to 5x more (40%) energy than a normal flat surface treadmill walk.
||Cushioning: The cushioning on your treadmill is important depending on your type of workout you are doing. To accommodate most runners, treadmills will have different cushioning setup like soft decks or adjustable cushioning for variable running techniques.
Personal Trainer written programs are a super important upgrade for your fitness equipment treadmill because they make working out more enjoyable and it helps pass the time quicker. It has been shown that people exercise longer on their Fitness Equipment and treadmills by having personalised programs and entertainment on their running treadmill machine.
- iPod/MP3 compatible with top quality speakers.
- Exercise programs designed by fitness trainers.
- Exercise fans to help keep you cool.
- Heart rate sensors to provide quick and accurate readings.
- SpaceSavers design for folding away to reduce storage space when not in use
- High resolution Console displays to show you your workout stats.
- iFit technology (unique to Icon Fitness treadmills)
What makes a great walking treadmill?
- Save money and grab a treadmill with a Quality 1.75 to 2.0 CHP motor.
- If you plan to only walk, a deck size of 120 x 40 centimetres will meet your exercising needs.
- Cushioning isn't as important for walkers as it is for runners.
What makes a great jogging/runnering treadmill?
- If you are a jogger/runner on a treadmill, look for a machine that has at least a quality 2.5 CHP motor.
- If you are tall (5'10"+) or a runner, look for a treadmill that has at least a 140cm x 46cm inch deck. This allows you to be able to take long running strides on your treadmill.
- Unless you are training for a 5 minute mile, or enjoying a quick sprint, a treadmill that goes 18 KPH is adequate.
Most treadmills can handle users up to 135kg, however, it is always a good idea to look for a treadmill with the following if you are over 100-150kg:
- A treadmill that has at least a 3.0 motor.
- Durable 2 ply tread belt. All tread belts are either a 1 or 2-ply which means if they are thicker they will be more durable. They're also "quiet" tread belts that reduce the noise allowing you to listen to your iPod or TV.
- High quality cushioning is key to limiting joint and back pain.
- A thick running deck to take the extra wear and tear when running.