A weightlifting belt has two main purposes. It reduces stress on the lower back while the person is lifting in an upright position and prevents back hyperextension during overhead lifts. A belt reduces low back stress by compressing the contents of the abdominal cavity. This increases the intra-abdominal pressure (IAP), providing more support in front of the bones of the lower back. This allows the spinal erector muscles, which would normally provide this support of the lower back, to produce less force during the lift. Another benefit of increased IAP is a reduction in the amount of spinal shrinkage (lower back compression) a lifter may experience during circuit weight training.
The GoFit™ Padded Etched Leather Weightlifting Belt is a great strength training accessory which aids in all of the above. Comfortable and durable, this is the tool you need to protect your back and promote proper lifting.
Available Sizes: Large & X-Large
- Large fits waist sizes 35" to 42"
- X-Large fits waist sizes 39" to 46"
- 6" Wide Padded Leather Belt
- Promotes Proper Form & Lifting Habits
- Reduces Stress and Increases Support for the Lower Back
- Prevents Back Hyper-extension During Overhead Lifts
- Comfortable & Durable