The Provision™ adds a firmer midsole and a removable varus stability wedge to assist men with fallen arches, excessive overpronation and knock knees. Constructed for moderate and high overpronation, the Zero Drop platform, foot-shaped design and stability wedge combine to provide a high level of stability without the excessive bulk and weight of traditional stability shoes. Simply remove the stability wedge to convert this shoe to work for neutral and mild overpronation.
The included Stability Wedge provides a moderate to high level of stability and is optional. It is designed to provide extra support to those with extreme pronation or flat feet. It addresses the four main challenges with stability in running shoes.
Altra Stability Wedge
- Stability shoes with dual density posting can create a dependency cycle and make feet weak over time. The Stability Wedge doesn't compress unevenly or push up in the arch more than other areas, so it doesn't weaken the feet over time.
- There are very few solutions for people that pronate on one foot but not the other. The Stability Wedge can be used on one foot and not the other if one foot rolls in excessively and the other does not.
- Very few shoes account for excessive late stage pronation. The Stability Wedge compensates for late stage overpronators.
- People with flat feet generally don't like the feel of anything pushing up in the arch. Since the Stability Wedge is 4mm thicker on the medial side from heel to forefoot, it doesn't push up directly in the arch.
- For those with neutral to mild pronation, simply remove the Stability Wedge for the correct level of support and comfort.
Charcoal/Blue & Grey/Green
- Zero Drop™ Platform, Foot-Shaped Design, NRS – Natural Ride System™
- Weight: Provision with the wedge weighed in at 9.9 oz. (9.1 oz. without the wedge)
- Midsole: Two-Layer EVA / A-Bound™
- Outsole: Blown Rubber FootPod™
- 2 included insoles: Molded Support, Stability Wedge
- Upper: Quick-Dry Mesh with Minimal Seams
- Liner: Sockless-Friendly Premium Liner
- Asymmetrical Lacing
- Stack height = The total thickness of the shoe/the distance between the foot and the ground.
- With Support Footbed: 20mm(Heel)/20mm (Forefoot)
- With Stability Wedge & Support Footbed: 25mm (Medial Heel)/25mm(Medial Forefoot)
- Strengthen Configuration (No Footbed): 15mm(Heel)/15mm (Forefoot)