An awesome alternative to running without the impact on the joints, Ellipticals offer a great cardio/fat burning workout. Whether you are a beginner wanting to get back in shape, or regular exerciser we have designed 2 customizable workouts that allow you to get the most out of your machine!
Now that you have got yourself an Elite Fitness Elliptical let us help you get the most from it with the programmes below.
We have devised these programmes with the help of Personal Trainers at NordicTrack to not only fast-track your fitness but to make it more interesting along the way.
All fitness objectives need a plan and a helping hand; at Elite Fitness we are here to help you get the most from your training.
It is best practice always warm-up before exercising as it increases the blood flow, preparing the muscles for activity, building your heart rate and cardiovascular system to reduce the risk of injury and strains.
- If you experience dizziness, nausea, chest pain, or any other abnormal symptoms, STOP the workout at once. CONSULT A PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY.
- No matter if you are an elite athlete or a weekend warrior, it is essential to drink enough water before, during and after exercise. Dehydration will stop you from getting the most out of your workout and feeling tip-top!
- Before using the machine to exercise, always do stretching exercises to properly warm up.
- Always wear appropriate workout clothing when exercising. Dress accordingly to the temperature and do not wear loose clothing that could become caught in the machine. Sporting shoes are recommended when using the treadmill.
- Use the machine only for its intended use
- Keep children and pets away from the machine at all time. DO NOT leave children unattended in the same room with the machine.
- Disabled persons should not use the machine without a qualified person or physician in attendance.
- Only one person at a time should use the machine.
- Inspect and tighten all the loose parts before this equipment is used.
- Keeps hands away from moving parts.
- Position the machine on a clear, levelled surface. DO NOT use the machine near water or outdoors.
- Inspect the machine before each use; make sure all of the connections are tightly secured.
- Do not place any sharp object around the machine.
- And lastly, ensure that you know how to operate your machine – check that your speed, incline and emergency stop is functional. Never operate the machine if the machine is not functioning properly.
Now let’s get to it!
PRO TIP: Mixing in a bit of strength by training with and without handles in these cardio elliptical workouts. Using the machine with moving handles targets your upper body – pushing the handles works your chest while pulling works your back. Skipping handles altogether works the core. Peddling in both directions targets quads and hamstrings, making them sing post workout!
These exercise guides are to help you work up a sweat, no matter what you’re level of fitness is – be beginner through to advanced.
TARGET HEART RATE
|Heart Rate can be measured by using the radial (wrist) or carotid (neck) pulse using your index and middle fingers, counting the beats for 10 seconds and multiplying by 6. Alternatively, the use of a Wireless Telemetry Heart Rate strap and watch will give you an accurate Beats Per Minute (BPM) reading.
220 – AGE = TMHR (Theoretical Maximum Heart Rate) TMHR x 85% = (Upper Training Limit) bpm (Beats per Minute) TMHR x 65% = (Lower Training Limit) bpm
Cardiovascular Training plays an important part in maintaining a healthy heart and lung function, so it’s no surprise we should be paying attention to how quickly our heart beats during exercise. The chart below outlines a range of heart rate training zones determined by the individual’s age and workout goals to ensure you train safely and effectively.
Written by Elite Fitness Team,